Achiever is the magazine of University of Maryland Global Campus. Read compelling feature stories and connect with students, faculty, alumni and friends who are making a difference in our world.
Spring 2018 Issue
- The Art of Teaching: Online, On-Site, and on the Road
Three feature stories explore the attributes of the teacher of tomorrow, uncover the secrets of success in an online environment, and discuss the triumphs and trials of life as a portable professor.
- The Teacher of Tomorrow
UMGC faculty discuss what it means to teach and tow the role of the teacher is evolving in the 21st century. By Gil Klein
- On the Road
UMGC’s traveling faculty reflect on the triumphs–and trials–of being a portable professor. By Gil Klein
- The Art and Science of Teaching Online
Conversations with four UMGC faculty who have mastered the craft. By Gil Klein
- Peter Smith’s Book Charts Path in the “Blizzard” of Higher Ed
- UMUC Premieres History Documentary
- The Making of Over There
- UMUC’s Cyber at the Crossroads Symposium Warns that Hackers are Winning
- Open Educational Resources Summit Draws Big Crowds
- UMUC Hosts Its First Winter Commencement December 2017
- UMUC Ballroom Named for “Great Citizen Soldier” Gen. John W. Vessey Jr.
- Medal of Honor Recipient Talks About His Next Mission
- First Class of Prince George’s 3D Scholars Launched in Fall 2017
- 2009 Alumnus David Welch’s Gift Supports Pillars of Strength
- New York Times and Washington Post Executive Editors Talk About Journalism in the Time of Trump
- Alan Drimmer Joins UMUC as Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer
- UMUC is the Answer on Jeopardy!
- Nurturing a Culture of Academic Integrity in the Classroom and Beyond
View past magazines in the Achiever archive.
About the Magazine
Achiever is published by University of Maryland Global Campus, Adelphi, Maryland. Call email@example.com your comments and suggestions or send an e-mail to